We talked to Paul Cawley from Learn Inbound about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). He explained what SEO is, how SEO works and how SEO can work for your business.
He takes us through the basics and posed answers to questions about geo-targeting, new easy to use tools and SEOs relationship with social media. He highlights the things we can do with our website that will give us the quickest results.
Here are links to a few of the resources Paul mentioned in his SEO Podcasts:
- Google Search Console – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools
- Google Page Speed – https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Google Lighthouse
- Open Google Chrome Web Browser
- Right Click anywhere on the screen and hit inspect
- That opens the developer tools window on the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Audit Tab
- Google Keyword Tool – https://adwords.google.com/intl/en_ie/home/tools/keyword-planner/
- Ask the Public – https://answerthepublic.com
If you would like to listen on the go, just download our app
SEO TerminologyJust listened to this #podcast on #SEO for Irish Businesses by Inc60, I found it really useful Click To Tweet
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
SSL Certificates allows secure connections from a web server to a browser, usually donated by a lock symbol on your internet browser.
A top-level domain (TLD) e.g. inc60.com is one of the domains at the highest level in the hierarchical Domain Name System of the Internet.
Organic search results are listings on search engine results pages that appear because of their relevance to the search terms, as opposed to their being advertisements. In contrast, non-organic search results may include pay per click advertising.