In this podcast, we chat to Barry Crushell, Employment Law Solicitor with Tully Rinckey International Law Services firm with offices in Dublin. Barry answers important questions for businesses in Ireland pertaining to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
“It is imperative that businesses take seriously the new laws and regulations set in
place by the GDPR when it comes to data protection of its customers and
employees. Companies can face large fines and legal prosecution for violation of
data protection regulations.
– Wendy Doyle, Tully Rinckey Ireland Partner
Barry gives us a clear introduction to the fundamentals of GDPR and also more in-depth detail on customer mailing lists and employee information. We ask him some of the following questions:
- What is GDPR?
- Who does it apply to?
- What information does it apply to?
- How explicit does an opt-in for correspondence need to be?
- Where is the best place to start with GDPR compliance?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?
- What policies do employers need for storing employee information?
- What are the other considerations for business and GDPR compliance? i.e. BREXIT, CCTV etc.
Listen to Podcast on GDPR
Listen on the go by downloading a free Inc60 App for your phone
The more explicit you are the more protected you are
– Barry Crushell, Tully Rinckey Ireland, Partner